taking a breather from the gains

The Philippine Stock Exchange Index had been on the rise, finally breaking that 3000 level after languishing below it too long for comfort.

The PSEi closed April 3 slightly above the 3000 level.

BDO, MER and MWC took most of my attention.

MER
Although MER fell from its glorious high of 114 within the past 52 weeks, it seems to be doing much better than its counterparts. I've always wondered if hot summer months make life better for a utility company like meralco. MER closed April 3 at Php81.50.

MWC
I only decided to check this company out after my girlfriend told me to buy it based on a random thought. I did some research and found it suited my preferences for stocks. The long and short was that I bought it at the 14 level and sold happily at around 17.75. MWC closed April 3 at Php18.25

BDO
We often refer to this as "Henry Sy's Bank" or "SM bank." I know someone who won't buy this stock solely because she doesn't personally like the ol' man Henry. I like it because I think they do their business well. Whether I agree with them, like them, or totally abhor the personalities behind that bank, I have to admit they are good and its obvious that they are good. BDO closed April 3 at Php53.50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

abundant information: globalization's irony

cheers to the rally

signs of hope