What's going on for Philippine Mining

I was wondering about the Philippine Mining industry. I came across this article.  It seems that our mining industry is profiting from a shortage in Nickel.  Indonesia seems to have passed a law that limits the exports in favor of domestic use.  Looks like they are building up some of their industries.  

What strikes me is that it is a very artificial increase in demand of Philippine sourced Nickel.  If Indonesia changes its mind what will happen?  Rumors of that have already been spreading and some Philippine Mining stocks have been going down.

This makes me feel that mining stocks are still rather risky purchases.  I think its a good idea to buy in small quantities whenever the price dips for reasons such as this.  While the risk is high, so will the returns when the time is right.

click here for the full article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

abundant information: globalization's irony

cheers to the rally

signs of hope